Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rain and Chocolate... another great combo!


Day 6 of Everything Pumpkin! This challenge seems to be going by very slow BUT I refuse to wish my days away! So far, I'm loving it- baking and cooking is by far one of my favorite things to do and sharing it with people who make me smile is even better! (especially when they like the treats!)
Today's pumpkin treat is Chocolate Cranberry Protien Squares, and I adapted the recipe from a blog I follow by a girl named Amy Layne who is associated with Damy Health. She has fabulous recipes if you are interested in checking it out! Her recipes are mostly raw, vegan, and gluten free! Gotta love it - clean eating guilt free treats!! My freakin' fave!!!!

Makes about 20 Squares

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Plain Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/8 Cup Natural Cocoa
  • 1 scoop protien powder, chocolate (I used whey)
  • 1 scoop protien powder, natural (again, I used whey)
  • 2 Tbsp Agave (you can use honey, too)
  • 3 Packets of Stevia
  • 1/3 Cup of Natural Plain Cashew Butter
  • 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
*1 scoop protein powder is usually about a ¼ cup.

Directions:
  1. Blend all ingredients in a bowl with a spoon until smooth. Having your nut butter at room temperature helps this process go faster.
  2. Once smooth add in your 1/3 cup of dried cranberries. Mix until the cranberries are even throughout the batter. I like to add some cranberries to the top just to make it look pretty. Feel free to do the same.
  3. I used an 9x13 baking pan. First I took cling wrap and covered the bottom and sides of the pan. Then I added the batter on top.
  4. Then I took another sheet of cling wrap and covered the batter. This is easy, less messy and I do not have to fight to get the fudge out when I am ready to serve it.
  5. Place in freezer over night.
  6. Remove from freezer and cut into 20 squares. Serve immediately. Keep the cut fudge covered in the freezer until ready to eat. This is a cold treat.


I'd say this is one of my favorite recipes to date, I'm glad I took the time to try it! So good, and it definitely fights the chocolate craving, if you ever get one of those? haha, and if you don't... God Bless!

It's a rainy thursday, and I can't wait to get into that hot room!

No comments:

Post a Comment