Friday, April 27, 2012

Yoga Accepts, Yoga Gives

It seems some of my brightest ideas, or where I have the most valuable insight, is when I am laying in savasana...however, then class has ended and I roll over, pick up my sweaty towel and walk into the hallway where all of those wonderful thoughts and ideas lay somewhere on that cork floor in a puddle of sweat!
Today, as I was laying there, I was thinking away and something so pure and perfect came to my thoughts and I remember thinking - ok Jenny, remember that and type or text or write that down as soon as you possibly can...ya right? I also remember thinking - how convenient it would be if I had my little notepad and pen in the hot room with me - it would be filled with brilliancy from one page to the next, and I pictured myself in savasana, getting a "light bulb" idea, rolling onto one side, writing it down, and then continuing my savasana - which lead me to think of this one day not too long ago as I was getting ready to settle onto my mat, the man behind me was laying on his mat - typing on  his blackberry, sending an email or texting - whatever it may be...I then remember thinking how ridiculous that was and that deep down a part of me sort of hoped the sweat from his toppling tree might actually fry his blackberry..... and how awful that would be, especially since I have experienced first hand what a fried blackberry does to your life, and I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy and I certainly wouldn't wish it upon some dude who can't seperate his work from his yoga, and what kind a yogi am I to be thinking such hateful thoughts! Oh, and apparently according to my thoughts, I have the attention span of a nat!
And turn over in childs pose...

I began a private blog this time last year to honour the 7 week living your Moksha challenge, this time around, since my practice has grown and so have I, I have decided to publicly blog my 2nd annual 7 week LYM challenge!

Stay tuned for a rollercoaster of emotions, some brilliant insight, along with lots of not-so-brilliant insight, some laughs, and some good reads of my journey with MYC and the 2nd LYM 7-week challenge!

JG out!

No comments:

Post a Comment