Sunday, April 28, 2013

bye-bye belly - hello Jenny!

I am going to give this blogging world a try...yet, again!

As many of you who know me, I am an exercise fanatic, health freak, and lover of vegan desserts, Moksha yoga, and many other amazing things! However, 6 weeks ago, March 14 to the exact, I had an abdominal plasty. According to my Dr.; after losing 100lbs there was no way to lose my "pooch" because it was excess skin that exercise and healthy eating wouldn't be able to tighten up. A applied for such an operation, in hopes that this would completely change my life had my application been accepted and BAM! I was right.... clearly it was a much longer process(I'm just not getting into that right now) but wow, what a change. I had to give up exercising for a while, I had to learn to listen to my body, I had to REST? wtf? Jenny doesn't rest, nor does she know how! Well, I had no choice. I rested, and thank goodness I did, because now I feel stronger than ever ...not to mention, smaller! I spent my days watching Sex and the City (boy, those girls had A LOT of sex! You don't realize it until you watch every episode...in a row), meditating, and *gasp* relaxing! It felt nice for a change, not to be rushing my life away, running to and from gyms, stressing myself out, trying to eat healthy...on the run. Yeah, those 2 things just don't go together. However, here I am 6, almost 7 weeks later, not full healed, but every day gets easier and easier, and I am finally back to yoga! My goodness, How I missed my yoga!!

I finally closed the chapter of my life that included so many negative thoughts, and so much self-hate, I mean, I'm not perfect, and my body is still not as small as hopefully someday it will get, but I found a new love for myself. The fact that I have overcome and let go of all of the past years of hatred and negativity, the fact that I went "under the knife" for 3 hours and came back out smiling (probably because of high doses of Morphine) the fact that I was strong, and I am strong, and I am healing. I had so much support from my family, and my friends, and absolute strangers by times, it was insane. The gratitude I felt during the first couple weeks of my recovery, is completely unexplainable. I still feel such gratitude. In all honesty, I am saying Good Riddance to my past, and for the first time in my life, I am finally moving on. And let me tell you, it feels amazing! It's almost like I went to sleep and woke up with a whole new fresh start. Like a fresh page of loose-leaf, and I can begin my story, instead of continuing on!

So here's to my new beginning! Welcome to the world, the less-obsessed Jenny! She's going to rock this world upside down!

JG OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Very proud of you girl!! You are much stronger than you think!! I look forward to getting to know the new and improved you!! :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stace!! You're a huge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete