Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 1 of LYM 2012!

How exciting is this?! Finally - Week 1, Day 1 of LYM 2012!


It's a beautiful sun-shiney day here on P.E.I and as I entered the studio, there stood 3 lovely faces who have been on a bit of hiatus from the studio for the last little while! Yay!
Not only was there that, but people are signing up for the challenge in the lobby, names are written on the wall board, stickers are flowing, and it's all proof that the next 7 weeks are going to completely rock!

I woke up this morning thinking of Moksha's words - Calm Mind. Fit Body. Inspired Life. and that last year their mantra was "Be Free" - sounds fabulous, doesn't it? How might one actually do such a thing ....Be Free? I was thinking of this because day after day, I fight with my scale, I step on that stupid white box and let a number determine how my day is going to be - some days seeing that number means I'm dancing around the apartment super excited thinking about how awesome everything is going to be, or then there are the days that I step on that scale, put a pout on, move the scale across the floor (somehow thinking if maybe it's in a different spot on the floor, the number will go down) and try again, and again, and again, and by the end of it the scale has made its way from the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchen, the number hasn't changed, and I'm about 15 minutes late starting my day! Torture? yes! Ridiculous? yes! But, I bet I am not the only person who has done this!

So, this morning when I got out of bed, I looked at the scale, walked away and decided I would stop weighing myself - because it is only a number...

Then! As I was scrolling through my newsfeed I came across this quote;
"Quit it. Stop it. Stop the stopping. Start the starting. Really. I mean, really. Because you know what? Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, months turn into years so fast you will not know what happened. But you will know what did not happen. And you will feel true remorse. So let's avoid that, shall we? Get going. Go for it." - Neale Donald Walsch

YES! Neale Donald Walsch, you're completely right and it's time I start living, instead of stopping myself because of numbers, whether it be the scale, carb-counts, fat grams, or calories....


I've decided, I am going to start embracing the number, I am going to start focusing on non-scale victories...like my stellar kickboxing workout, the duration of my plank, my dress size, my chatarunga...and the list goes on, and on, and on. Instead of torturing myself with a number, I am going to focus my attention on "being free" for the next 7 weeks and we'll see where that gets me!

Scale Victory - losing 100 lbs!  vs. Non-Scale Victory - Going from a size 26 to a solid size 10 :)

As for my first class of LYM 2012, it was a 2pm flow with Kelly and her awesome playlist of Cash, Kings of Leon, and Lana Del Ray! Energy was flowing, the sun was shining through, and my practice was flowing great, next thing I knew, I was in a wide-legged forward fold and with some slight adjustments from the instructor - my head was touching the floor! I'm bent over, head on the floor... thinking "HOLY SHIT! MY HEAD IS ON THE FLOOR, MY HEAD IS ON THE FREAKIN FLOOR, THIS IS AWESOME!" You know, that moment in class where you would totally scream out and let the whole world know what just happened....except, it's a silent room and that would be completely innapropriate! ahhh....non-scale victory? I think so!

My bathroom is filthy - and as per week 1 challenge, no chemicals or toxins...so hopefully my roomie will understand why I'm leaving the apartment the way it is! just kidding - I mixed some vinegar and water and grabbed a rag and cleaned my little heart out...
As for no processed foods - I'll rock the heck out of that challenge!
umm....vodka isn't processed is it?

To all you LYM challengers - Good Luck and have a blast!! It's one of the funnest events to be apart of at the studio!

JG OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment