Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Wheel

Week 1, Day 6

I completely failed at my first attempt to give up dairy, I don't normally eat dairy as it is, but I swear because I have "given it up" ...I have eaten more dairy in the previous 6 days than I have since January.... ok, so...moving on! I won't be forcing myself to do that again, I'm better off having not challenged myself.
As for no processed foods, well almost, except for the dairy, and no toxins/chemicals - I completely nailed that challenge - and my apartment is clean, so, HA!
Practicing Daily - nailed it!

I feel like this past week of hot yoga @MYC has been completely exhausting, but I'm going to assume it is because of all the heart openers and back bends I had been doing. Hot Hatha this month is "wheel" and I did a yin class, plus taking part in the 2 Hot Hatha classes, along with regular moksha makes for a very open and vulnerable Jenny which lead to a very emotional and hateful week, hopefully it's just hormones, although I am sure the combination of both certainly doesn't help!

Wednesday's Hot Hatha was an amazing feeling, doing wheel for the first time, I was crazy excited and full of energy, even yin didn't calm me down!

Saturday is my favorite workout day, I do my kickboxing, some yoga, and usually try to get in a bike ride or a walk/run or some other form of activity - however this Saturday I was struggling to get to my mat, I actually had to talk myself into it, and just so you know, that doesn't happen often! But of course, I got there, Brendan taught, and I was so thankful I stepped on to my mat, I sweated out my hesitation, was guided into prayer twist on both sides, and had a friggin' awesome savasana! Duh - why struggle to get to your mat? It is one thing you will never regret! I have never heard anyone say "I regret going to yoga today"! haha- can't see it!

Sunday as I entered Hot Hatha, I was in a huge rush, completely stressing over umpteen things, overwhelmed by some information I recieved and had too much anxiety to be entering that hot room.
I did, and I was literally throwing hate balls from one side of myself to the other, I thought I was never going to get through this class, we were twisting, bending, opening and preparing our bodies for wheel. The instructor instructed us 2 or 3 times to curve the corners of our mouth - I couldn't even bring myself to do this - smile, such a simple task. No Way, I couldn't. Still feeling so hateful and angry, it came time to pair up for the wheel portion of class - and my partner did wheel for the first time! I know the feeling, and all of a sudden the hatred/anger is starting to surpass - she was so excited and I was so excited for her! She was so hesitant to try and I just told her to try her hardest and I would help in any way I could...she not only did it once, she did it twice! wow! I can imagine how she felt as I had been there myself 4 days ago! Next up, me! It was like I forgot everything I had learnt about coming into this pose, I had no idea where to put my weight, how to get myself up, no idea...FRUSTRATION strikes again! ughk! Before we finished, Airlie came over, reminded me to take a deep breathe and guided me to lift - BAM! My name is Jenny and I'm in friggen wheel! Next thing I know, the class is clapping, Airlie gave me a double high five, and then she jumped back to her mat with excitement - referring to it as "one of those jump photo-shots"! So Exciting! Hatred/Anger - what is that? I have never felt so light in all of my life as I did in that exact moment.

This would be why I always show up to my mat! You can always expect the unexpected!

Live for the Moment

JG OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment