Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Explore the unknown

Yesterday marked day 1 of week 2. BE ACCESSIBLE.

Challenge: Actice Listening.  I am seriousally the worst listener in the history of listening...ask my room-mate, she usually has to tell me whatever it is of importance atleast 4 times. I'm not sure if it's selective hearing or if I am just always so consumed in so many other things that I honestly just don't hear.
My career entitles me to listen on a daily basis, not only am I a human service worker but I'm a youth worker, and those children rely on me to listen, and that I truly do - those kids mean the world to me, so maybe when I'm not working, I give up on listening because I'm trying to unwind? Meh, good enough excuse for me - perhaps not a good enough excuse for others who require my attention.
As for this challenge, I was excited when I read it, I have my listening ears on and I am paying full on attention - while typing on my lap-top, replying to BBM's, watching American Idol and drinking tea, yup - I'm listening! I am trying my damndest though - and hopefully I can keep this up, and instead of talking or going into the "well when I" or  the "when that happened to me.." nope - I'm just straight up listening, putting in my 2 cents when needed, and advising when the time is right. Yay me!

Another statement in this weeks email was, in order to be accessible to others, YOU must be accessible to YOU. What does this mean? Well, it takes you to this article that says "how to stop beating yourself up" followed by a quote:

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - Buddha

Also, my daily meditation book for today was "Love Yourself"

WTF?  Are you serious right now? Consider the hint taken....

Today, I got on my mat with a new attitude. I finished a stellar kickboxing and weights class - it was pouring raining, I went home and changed and went straight to the studio. Small class- 6 people, I had no choice but to be face on with the mirror. My goal for today was to be nice to myself, I complimented myself for my strength, my courage, and the fact that my purple tank top looks ten times better than it did a few months ago, or even last week for that matter. I didn't get mad at myself when I looked in the mirror - instead I kept giving myself positive encouragement....and I thought being negative was exhausting! My goodness, I had the best savasana of life after what felt like an hour of lying to myself. BUT - moral of the story is, I tried and I succeeded, now I just need to change these thoughts into beliefs! I felt damn good leaving that studio - the rain didn't even bug me, not one little bit.
Back I go....4:15 Hot Hatha meaning WHEEL with Airlie! I was friggen pumped for this class, nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it but excited because who knows how she will bring us into this pose today. We saluted the sun, we bended, we folded, and we held a rather long bridge pose...*gasp* I know whats next - partner up - in groups of 3 she says! hmmm? So, as you come into wheel, partner one has a strap underneath you along your bra-line, and partner 2 has a strap around the flat part of your sacrum above your tailbone, once you bring yourself into wheel - they pull you apart, literally! AMAZING! Best wheel yet, I'm pretty sure I brought myself up and then as I was being torn apart - I felt such relief, almost as if there wasn't one worry in the world...I wanted that feeling to never go away. I've longed to feel this. I can't wait until I can hold myself in wheel completely on my own, I swear I'll never get out of that pose! haha!
Where's Jenny? Oh she's just hanging out in wheel!
And, I'll have you know that every time a negative thought came into my head, I ignored it - I literally took the thought, and threw back out to the universe to deal with because I didn't friggen want it!

I fucking love yoga

Tomorrow  I am off to the big apple, going to do some yoga, take in a vegan restaurant or 6, have a fancy coffee on some beautiful NYC street, go for a run in Central Park, and shop my heart out, probably see a Broadway show, and who knows what else NYC will bring this little Island girl, who knows maybe it won't bring her home! My goal is to leave this dreadful Island, rejuvenate myself on vacation, and come back with a new, less-stressed, more positive perspective on life - is that too much to ask?

JG OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment