Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3/30

Day 3 of the 30 day challenge! So far so good! so much energy around the studio, it's amazing!! Full classes- and lots of sweaty happy people ....I swear it could be a song!

As for my pumpkin challenge...I'd say I'm currently nailing it! It's so much fun and it all tastes so darn good! I have to back-track a little because I missed yesterday's post.... life happens...or happened? Either way...

Yesterday was day 10 of  my 15 day challenge, holy smokes! More than half-way done! Yikes!

I tried something out of the ordinary,


Pumpkin Pudding

Ingredients

    1 can 100% Pure Pumpkin
    1 large package Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
    3 cups Skim Milk
    2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice


Directions

Blend pumpkin, pudding mix and milk with whick for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, ready to serve.

Option, top with Fat Free Cool Whip.

Number of Servings: 6
 
It was room-mate approved, Jenny-approved and Yogi approved!!
Delish!!
 
 
Next up! Today is Day 11 of My Everything Pumpkin Challenge
 
I whipped up some of these beauts!!
Pumpkin Cranberry Almond Bars
Adapted from DAMY health
 
I started with all the ingredients mixed in a bowl
like so.....
 
 
Makes 9-10 Bars.
Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Plain Puree Pumpkin
  • 1/3 Cup Egg Whites
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1 Tsp Ginger
  • 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
  • 3 Scoops Plain Protein Powder
  • 1.5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2 Tbsp Molasses
  • 4 Packets Stevia
  • 1/4 Cup Cranberries
  • 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds (set aside 1/4 Cup extra for topping protein bars)
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
  2. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
  3. Stir until completely mixed.
  4. Lightly grease casserole baking dish.
  5. Spread ingredients evenly into the baking dish.
  6. Sprinkle extra 1/4 Cup of slivered almonds over the top evenly.
  7. Bake for 24 minutes.
  8. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before cutting.
And ended up with....
this to place in the oven
 
 
and this for my finished result...
 
Yummy!!! AND Healthy!!!!
 
I went to 4:15 Hatha, came out, and there were only 2 stragglers left...I went to 5:30 Yin, came out at 7 and my dish was borderline licked clean ;)
 
 
JG OUT!!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment