Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sunny Days and Pumpkin Lattes



Day 14!! eeek! The excitement, only one day until Thanksgiving, and only one more recipe to make, which will obviously be my super fun and healthy pumpkin pie that I can take to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, which also means I completely effing nailed this personal challenge! I'm super busy today, so it's a recipe I've always wanted to try, but it's made for one ;) so there will be no sharing! Sorry!!




 
Pumpkin Spice Latte ...for one ;)
(From ChocolateCoveredKatie)
 
  • 2 T canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or (for a richer taste) a combination of nondairy creamer and milk
  • (I used SILK unsweeted almond milk, vanilla)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3-4 T strong coffee
  • Stevia packet to taste (or sugar if you wish)


  • Mix everything but the coffee with a fork or whisk. (Then, for a hot latte, you can either microwave or heat on the stove.) Add coffee and whisk again.

    Because I'm not 100% vegan, I topped it with some fat-free cool whip, however if you prefer a non-dairy version, you can use coconut whipped cream (which is also super delightful) ----

    Vegan Cool Whip
    (or “vanilla frosting shots”)
    • 1 can full-fat coconut milk
    • sugar, stevia, or powdered sugar to taste
    • optional: fruit (banana whipped cream, anyone?)
    Open your coconut milk, and leave the can (or transfer to a bowl) uncovered in the fridge overnight. (Don’t shake the can before opening.) It should get very, very thick. (If it doesn’t, you’ve gotten a bad can that won’t work for the recipe. I use Thai Kitchen Organic.
    Once thick, transfer to a bowl (you can opt to leave out the watery bit at the bottom of the can, if you want it even thicker) and whip in your sweetener with a fork, or even beaters, if you want to be really fancy.


    Next on my to do list....

    AND it's Vegan!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment