Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin challenge...COMPLETE!

 
Sunday, October 7, marks the final day of my 15 days of Everything Pumpkin!
YAY!!!!!
 
 
Yesterday I whipped up the pumpkin latte, and today we are celebrating Thanksgiving, I have decided to make a dessert...I know, Shocker!! And a pumpkin dessert, of course!
1st of all, because it is Thanksgiving, pumpkin goes hand-in-hand and 2nd of all because this was the whole point of my challenge.
 
Today was the final day of our yoga retreat/workshop with the amazing Colleen and Kate W Mak! It was 2 hours of bliss - Finding Balance in your practice. We started the class talking about shakras and learnt some interesting things - I Can't wait to read up on it!
We began the class with a yin practice, so soothing, I was so exhausted, and I kept thinking - how are we ever supposed to move from Yin to Yang - ughk! But the transition was awesome and the yang part of class was too much fun! No expectations, we laughed, and laughed some more, balanced on our arms, hopped, did froggy claps, fell, slipped, and laughed some more - all on the privacy of our mats! Too much fun! What a great way to end such a wonderful workshop series, if only I could have made it for all of them, but in the 2 classes/4 hours I did attend with these beautiful women, I learnt alot about myself, about my practice, and about the people around me. Absolute bliss.
 
 
I was supposed to make a pumpkin cheesecake, I had one not so happy camper when I showed up with a pumpkin-spice cake instead, haha - but as mom says - thems the breaks (whatever that means, and who throws an 'S' on the end of them....mom, that's who!) Anyways - luckily someone else showed up with lovely mini pumpkin cheesecakes! phewf!
 
For thanksgiving we have a potluck style meal with the fam-jam! I made a sugar free cranberry sauce, I used stevia instead of sugar, it was actually not too bad!
 
Next up, a pumpkin spice cake! First of all, it's basically those little muffin thingy's I make, in cake form. It came out super moist and pumpkin-y. mmmmm! But it was missing something, what? FROSTING! I didn't have much to work with, so I got thinking - and I mixed together fat free cream cheese with fat free cool whip and BAM! I had a light, fluffy cream cheese frosting - exactly what this cake needed! It was so super good! And now I have so many more ideas of what I can do with pumpkin - but I think I need a bit of a hiatus from this little root vegetable - perhaps later on in the month...
 
Pumpkin-Spice Cake with fat-free cream cheese frosting!
(note: cranberry sauce in the background)
 
 
 


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

JG OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment