Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mid-Point Savassana

We are borderline mid-point on our 30 day challenge!

My body is exhausted and sore, yet energetic and ready for more. I doubled up a couple days, so today marks Day 13, and according to my stars, I'm on Day 17. I like to be ahead, merely for the fact that I don't like being behind. Therefore, I work all day and won't be able to hit up any classes. So, I'll do a Yin or something from home. oooooh Yin- my love!

Clearly, I gave up on the pumpkin for a couple of days! I decided to go with Apple for a change of pace.
First on my list, apple butter!
I recieved this gorgeous Thanksgiving gift from my Grammie, and added to the other 4-5 pounds of apples I had in the fridge, all of random assortment, I thought this was a perfect idea!
Ahhhh-dorable!

I sliced about 5 pounds of apples, ranging from honeycrisp (those are my fave, so I saved most of them for eating! haha) red, sweet tango, golden delicious, and a couple of others.

Threw them all in the slow cooker, added some cinnamon, and went to....YOGA! Came home and the apartment smelt absolutely delightful. Now, I had apple sauce, with the peel, and I used some in my yogurt - deeeelish!















Next up, blend the apples and make them smooth - DONE!

Then, throw back in the slow cooker and wait for it to thicken on high with the lid off... it's still kind of saucey, but I didn't add any fillers or sugar, so that would be why. Still tastes good, and is awesome on top of toast, oatmeal, yogurt, or whatever you prefer!


OH! and of course, I had to add some pumpkin for good measure, so in one little bottle, I used about 1/4C of pumpkin mixed with the apple sauce, added a little pumpkin spice AND voila! Pumpkin-Apple-Butter, in other words - super-freakin-yummy! Next time, I'm making my whole batch pumpkin-apple butter, the pumpkin thickens it up a bit for sure.

The experimenting in the kitchen still exists, just not as frequent, and not always with pumpkin.










I found this amazing find on a friends' FB wall  today....


Jenny's next mission... is to find these beauties! Apparently, they haven't been found around the maritimes #disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment