Saturday, October 6, 2012

Just makin' pumpkin pancakes, pretending it's the weekend...

I've been slack on the posts, busy as a little beaver these days! However, I didn't NOT complete my Everything Pumpkin Challenge, I was just a little greedy and kept the goods for myself! Sort of... muahahaha!

Yesterday was Day 13!


I went to Airlie's 930am Moksha class, unfreakin' real! 75 minutes of pure bliss before I had to start my work day, even scored a head massage while lying in savassana! How can you not heart the heck right out of that girl! Her energy can bring any frown upside down, even if its' only for those 75 mintues. That concluded day 5 of our 30 days challenge at the studio. Day 5 seems so, ummm..... far away? from 30!? But I just keep thinking - before you know it, you'll be feeling uber strong and it'll be day 28! ...Here's hoping!

For my Friday pumpkin treat, I made Protien Pumpkin Pancakes... brilliant! absolutely brilliant!


 
Basically, I made my Protien Pancake recipe, and Added Pumpkin...
 
1/3 C Cottage Cheese
1/3 C Egg Whites
1/3-1/2C Rolled Oats (not instant)
1/3C Pumpkin Puree
I used some pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
 
BLEND! Let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes, the longer the better, it thickens up from the oatmeal. Sometimes I make them in the evening, and then cook them up in the morning.
 
Top with no sugar added maple syrup and BAM!!
 
 
There you have it... yummy!!
 
I thought since the studio was getting all the goods these last few days, that I'd share with the folks at work, plus who can't use a couple extra brownie (or pumpkin!) points!
 
So! I made my delicious little pumpkin spice bites AND those unreal little pumpkin rolls! Pumpkin Rolls could have used a bit more brown sugar, but you know me, I don't really have the need to sweeten up healthy treats, however I must realize that others don't have the same tastebuds!
 
Ahh....2 more days to go!


I did Colleen and Kate Mak's yoga workshop Friday night... words can't even explain. It was called "Deepening your practice part 1" ...and it was absolutely amazing. I was so zenned out when I got home, I wanted nothing but silence, the tv was blaring, ppl were talking. ugghkkk I should have just stayed in the hot room until Morning! haha and I dont think I was only one thinking that! They have 3 more workshops during this retreat, I can't make today due to a wedding, but I'm going to try everything to behave tonight and make the 930 session tomorrow morning, this will require a huge amount of discipline...we'll see! Tequila usually gets the best of me! Plus I worked out 3 times this morning, 2 largo classes and a hot yoga class all before 1:00 so I could drink guilt free, I'd hate to waste that ;)

JG OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment