Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Fall"ing for Pumpkin

Day 5...holy smokes - this is tougher than I thought! Working 3 jobs, hitting the gym and hot yoga, all while baking up a storm... equals one busy Jenny! I'll admit, its alot of fun - and I love cooking and baking so I shouldn't complain!


I woke up with morning at 5:30, and headed to the 6am Largo class! Cripes - talk about "kickstart the heart!" Anyways, I was home a little after 7, and decided it would be a great time to make myself productive, so productive  I shall be!

First thing in order - Make a huge mess! Check!


 
Next thing in order! I work all day tomorrow and all day Friday, which limits my baking time. However, a couple recipes I have been wanting to try include 24-48 of freezing time so BAM! I whipped up 2 pumpkin-riffic recipes that I can use for tomorrow and Friday (cheating? ...nah, not really! planning ahead I like to say) and Then I had to decide what I could share today. I actually recieved my daily email from HungryGirl and on it was a pumpkin cranberry loaf, I figured it was fate, so that was my choice for today. I'll admit it's not as yummy as yesterdays cookies, but it's still quite tastey! And anything tastes good when you get out of the hot room! ;) So, I'll hope for the best! I would say it's a little more fudgey, than bready... or denser, as one might say! I'm not one that would say that, BUT it may help you understand what I mean!
 
 
So this recipe is adapted from HungryGirl
 

Ingredients:
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (compliments brand)
1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1/4 cup Ocean Spray dried cranberries, chopped (whoops, I didn't chop them! dahhhhh well!)
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice (in other words, all dry ingredients except for the cranberries).

In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, egg substitute, and vanilla extract (all the wet ingredients). Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until just blended.

Slowly sprinkle cranberries into the batter, making sure they don't all stick together, and mix to distribute them.
 

mmm! Clearly, I had to try one to make sure it was edible, and it most certainly is!
 
My computer is covered in flour dust and I got that mess cleaned up! I'm not a fan of clutter, but I love working in a huge mess - somehow it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing much more than I am! haha! We all have little tricks don't we?


I'm currently e-reading a book called "The Happiness Project" it's interesting so far! I'm excited to share some things I have read in it with you all, It might be good for a smile or two :)

Happy Wednesday Pumpkinheads!

Oh yes! This darn song has been in my head all morning ...tis the season I suppose!

Peter Pumpkinhead by The Crash Test Dummies


JG OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment