Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday and Cheesecake ....don`t mind if I do!

I wasn`t sure what should be today`s pumpkin recipe - I do know it contains nuts and couldn`t be shared with the studio, BUT it was room-mate approved and I left a slice for Airlie to try - I definitly needed one more opinion because I`m still not sure what I think of it! It was very cheese-cakey which is good I suppose, but maybe not sweet enough for my taste buds! However, it does grow on ya!


Skinny Pumpkin-Pie Cheesecake - photo ops to Damy Health, where I got this lovely recipe!

 

Skinny Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake

Makes: 8 Slices
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup Cashew Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 2 Tbsp Molasses
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Tsp Ginger
  • 1/2 Tsp Cloves
  • 1 Tbsp Maple Extract
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • 10 Dates
  • 1 Tbsp Agave
Directions:
  1. Place all above listed ingredients into your food processor. Process until smooth and creamy stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
  2. Place all ingredients in a greased spring-form pan (I didn’t have a spring-form pan so I used a greased 8 inch pie plate – It worked great but was a little tricky to get out).
  3. Place in the freezer covered with cling wrap.
  4. Serve the next day immediately after removing from the freezer.


 
And this is what`s left after it was room-mate approved and shared to Airlie!

I knew Saturday would be busy, so I made this up on Friday, froze it and BAM! I had Saturday`s recipe complete! Brilliant I know!

As for today`s yoga session - interesting to say the least!
We had a fairly full class for K-Dawg`s nooner ...just as we are going into second side of Toppling Tree...Lights started flashing and the fire alarm was going full-tilt! LOUD NOISES!!!! Needless to say it really put the fucks to my toppling tree, we weren`t sure if we were on fire or what .... Hot Yoga brought to a whole new level! haha!
 However, we were asked to leave the hot room and step into the lobby until they got things under control - there was probably 35 sweaty-hot yogis standing in the lobby...interesting to say the least!

We went back in, found our breath and K-Dawg through us right into Dancers, I wouldn't expect anything less from that animal!!  The fire alarm didn`t throw me off as much as I thought it would, honestly I think it gave me the break I needed to continue in my practice. The fire department came by to check things, so the alarm went off a few more times, but somewhere in the midst of all the chaos, I managed to keep my breath and find my own sense of quiet. And strangely enough, even with 2 slight interruptions, I had one of the most emotional classes I have ever had.... who knows? I'm still trying to figure out, and honestly, I should probably just let it go...

JG OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment