Monday, September 10, 2012

Pumpkin Fever

 
 
I think pumpkin fever is catching on, I woke up this morning and came out to the kitchen to see my roomie baking...with pumpkin! She was making some of those spiced muffins I made last week.
How delightful :)
 
 
 
 
As for my Pumpkin Challenge, I madeVegan  Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites, and it was so friggin' good that it was unsafe to have in the arms-length!
 
 

Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bites :)

Makes 12-16 Bites

Filling Ingredients:
  • 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/2 Cup Cashew Butter
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 Tsp Ginger
  • 1/8 Tsp Cloves
  • 3 Packets Stevia
  • 2 Tbsp Agave (Honey, Maple Syrup or Stevia to make this no-sugar) - I used Stevia!
  • Dash of Salt
Crust Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Shredded Coconut ( I used unsweetened)
  • 1 1/4 Cup Pecans + Extra for Topping
  • 1 Cup Pitted Dates
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Directions:
  1. Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all pie filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
  2. Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut (setting aside extra pecans for topping).
  3. Grease an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
  4. Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
  5. Top with pie filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
  6. Add extra pecans over the top.
  7. Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight.
  8. When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, cut into squares and serve immediately.
Holy moly these were good! It is definitely one of my new fave's!!


Onto the rest of my day.....
 
 
Sunday, September 30, CIBC's Run for the Cure! This is my first year taking part in the run, I've supported the cause but I've never actually rain it myself. I joined my friend Ashlee's team Island Recruiting, got my attire on, and ran my heart out in the pouring rain! It was cold, it was windy, and boy oh boy - it poured! But yet, I didn't feel it at all, It was so amazing to be running and seeing so many people together for one cause, and to see so much support in one community. Ahh-Mazing!
 
 
 
 
I got some sweet new kicks too! The newest loves of my life :) They were squishy and soaked about 15 minutes into my run, I'm sure it'll be a couple days before I can wear them again, but in the mean time, I'll sit and admire these beauts!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment