Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Universe works in mysterious ways

My gym recently started doing 6am classes, 3 mornings a week. Well, good for them but damn this girl loves her sleep AND I don't start work until noon so it seemed like a super silly idea to get up at 5:30 and workout.... BUT! everybody's talkin about this class and blah blah blah, I thought I'd give 'er a whirl. So yesterday, up at 5:30, coffee in hand, off to the gym I go for one hour of intense kickboxing cardio! What a way to start my day, such a relief to know I have already burnt about 400 calories BEFORE breakfast AND that I don't have to wait around and go to the 5:30pm class...this is brilliant! By about 2pm I was a borderline zombie, but that'll pass. So, this morning I set my alarm, thought heck - might as well try this again, and then it went off....oooh no! Nope, I need a couple more minutes, set it for about 3 minutes ahead, jumped back into bed and BAM! it goes off again, Nope, I'm not going, I will sleep in until 8 or so and go for a run or something... Then I was checking facebook and this shows up on my newsfeed...



And it got me thinking, if I want to lose this weight, if I want to change my body, I have never had a slim figure or I have never been 175lbs...well, maybe in grade 5, haha - but who'd remember that? not I! So, If I want to change my body and take it somewhere it has never been... I need to do something I've never done.... Like for example: my cardio workouts at 6am instead of in the evening.

Well, Thank you universe for getting my ass out of bed and to the gym, because now I feel great! hmmm...what's for breakfast?! Later gators!

JG OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Cardio in the morning is best for me too - I used to make sure I had my butt on the road running no later than 6:30 a.m.

    Good for you - stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on it! He doesn't hold classes on Friday morning but I'm getting up anyways and going for a run! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete