Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thinking outside (or perhaps inside) the box!

Sunday yoga... One of my favorite classes, it's the only day of the week I don't have to worry about Largo, or running, or anything but getting to yoga for that matter!

Typical Jenny, shows up at the studio at 11:56 for a noon class, throw myself and my mat in the hot room and find my breath... "Holy balls its hot in here, I'm sweating already? Must be the coffee? Or last nights beverages... Hmmm" ok! Downward dog... Nope it's effing hot in here! We've all suffered through some too-hot classes but I wasn't expecting this humidity in the room during the middle of September, that's for damn sure! It very well may have been the longest 75 minutes of my life in there today, about 15 minutes in, when we were told the speakers for MokshaMusic weren't working... I wanted to literally claw my way out of that room, 20 minutes in, I couldn't breathe and I was fucking angry that I was stuck in this room, anxiety took over when I realized I lost my breath and I didn't want to be here anymore. This puts Jenny in a pure state of rage - one because I'm not focusing on my breath and two because I don't want to be here and three because I shouldn't feel this way. Balancing series - as if! Ego your taking the sidelines today - and child's pose we'll be friends for a bit! For anyone who knows me, surrendering to child's pose is way more of a challenge than actually doing the entire balancing series... So I'll consider doing this as a win. Honestly... For the rest of class I was impatiently waiting for the instructor to say Namaste so I could run like hell out of that room.

Finally! Spinal twist.. Please I beg you, let us lay on our backs for this... Of course not! Sit up straight, cross one leg over and twist! Bru-fuckin-tal!
Awh! But svassanah is close... So close I can picture myself there ... And Go! Phewf! I made it- barely but I made it! I can't even believe the thoughts in my head today and how much I wanted out of that room - more reason to stay in there I suppose?
As for my final resting pose - I didn't run out of the room, I enjoyed 15 peaceful minutes of quiet and rest and finally caught my breathe!
I came out of the room and two folks were talking about how funny it would be if the instructor had thrown in another half dozen flows - I almost threw up! What a sick sense of humour this fellow has, I thought!!

On to day 2 of Everything Pumpkin
I was busy and had a lot of planning to do, and no one to share my goods with so I did another single serving recipe, with a few things I had... And tried something new... And it turned out super yummy!
I dare you to give er a whirl!

I started with 1 cup of pure pumpkin
Added about 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt
Along with some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and a swirl of maple syrup - tasted great but it was missing something!
Granola from the Ch'town farmers market!! Mmmm-hmm! Absolute perfection!
Simple, Nutritious, and completes day 2 of my challenge! Tomorrow is going to be awesome - just a little heads up!!

I'm also hard on my addiction of DavidsTea, and I'm so excited its finally here in Charlottetown! MYC fb page said they were sampling tea at the studio on Friday - I was pumped! For my first time in like ever I showed up early for class... Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed, I was expecting David... Haha just kidding! The tea was great and I was anticipating their opening on Saturday morning where I knew I'd be spending a mild fortune and find a new love called Pumpkin Chai tea - ironically enough it ties in so nicely with my theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment