Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Safety of Silence


It's been a rough week...to say the least.

I do lots of things in my day, like wake up at 530am to go to the gym for a one hour cardio kickboxing class, go to work, answer umpteen emails for another job I do, plus I have to people please 24-effing-7, and complete all of this with a smile on my face and answer to the "how are ya?" with a "good" .... Thank goodness I have yoga, that is all I can say.


That.... That is my safe place.
Usually it's the practice that is my "safe place"... this week it's the hot room, a silent room where I don't have to talk anyone, no one can talk to me, I have no iPhone, I have just myself and my mat. And, I am safe. And, when I am done, if I still don't want to talk I have the comfort of savasana.
One of life's simplest pleasures!

The only judgement, is my own.
Problem: my judgment is harsh, I would never judge ANYONE the way I put judgement on myself.
Solution: Unknown

Monday night, the hot room was packed, I was stuck in the back with the view of only people around me, I couldn't even catch a glimpse in either mirror, it was probably one of my most intense practices I have ever had the pleasure of having. I don't know if it was the energy, if it was my emotions, or if it was a combination....either way, this is why I return to my mat on a daily basis. Tuesday morning - yoga with Airlie, more like "what's going to happen next?!? with Airlie" We did the entire Moskha Series, on and with a block! She always makes you fear the unknown, yet somehow she has a subtle way of teaching you how to embrace the unknown! As for tonight, another 75 minutes of letting go, I feel like I am taking my yoga practice to whole new level this week. I'm not sure if I like it, or if I'm willing to deal with all of this at the moment.... but I'll tell you this, I'm absolutely terrified for tomorrows class, yet I can't wait to get into that hot room.

Tonight, in class, 2 girls in the room were chatting away before class started, I wanted to get off my mat, walk over, and in the nicest way possible say, "excuse me, but can you politely shut the fuck up?" .... that wouldn't be very yogi of me would it?

Wednesday Rant complete!
JG OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment